One of the functions of your Biolink page is to help get your business or brand out in front of the perfect audience. But you can take it a step further by using it to grow your mailing list by capturing visitors' email addresses.
Follow the highlighted steps below to do just this:
- Click on the Total Biolinks tab on your user dashboard;
- Select the name of the page you wish to add an email collector to;
- On the next page, click on the Add Block button;
- Click on the Email collector block;
- Enter an appropriate Name for your email collector button;
- Click on Submit to add the email collector form to your Biolink page.
When visitors click on the email collector button on your page, they are prompted to fill out a form. The form requires them to input their email address and full name and complete a captcha puzzle before clicking on Sign Up.
Editing Your Email Collector
You can edit the feel, look, and interaction features of your email collector button to match your brand:
- On the Blocks option and locate your Email collector block which you just added;
- Next, click on the "⁝" icon and click on the Edit option from the drop-down menu;
- From here, you can click on the Form settings options and provide corresponding information in each field;
- You can also set a Thank you message and a Thank you URL;
Button customization settings;
- If you want, you can also set an image thumbnail to add more effect to your button;
- You can set text color, background color, border radius, border width, and border style;
- Add extra effect to your button by setting Animation as well as Animation runs;
- The Display settings let your email collector button run at specific times based on several targeted metrics.
Mailchimp gives you access to top-notch contact management practices, beautifully designed campaigns, and powerful data analysis.
You can integrate this with your email collector button to further help you gather and analyze data. Here is how to do it:
- Use the Data collection settings to determine how you gather data;
- Paste in your already copied API key into the field marked MailChimp API Key and enter the Mailchimp List id in the appropriate field;
- Learn how to get your mailchimp data by clicking MailChimp Documentation;
If you don't wish to integrate MailChimp with your email button, you can get a notification by providing an Email or a Webhook URL.
You can view the number of subscribers you've been able to gather over time:
- Click on the "⁝" icon in front of the email collector block;
- Select Data from the drop-down list that pops up;
- This will display a list of all visitors who have filled out your email form correctly;
- You can export this list as either a CSV or JSON file.